Always wanted to sew with jersey but not sure where to start?
Too frightened to sew with stretch?
Don't have an overlocker?
If you answer "Yes" to any of these questions... Sew New can help.... Heather can help You!
This cute frilled dress/romper is sewn using a normal sewing machine (no overlockers or fancy machines needed). Using the new "Maraflex" threads designed by Gutermann to stretch with your fabric, it's as easy as ABC....
A. Ask the expert.... Me!
B. Book a sewing lesson with Sew New
C. Come and join like minded people learning to sew something new... At Sew New!
This 4 hour workshop includes a £5 voucher towards your choiceof threads and fabric that are available in store and suitable for these projects.
With a maximum of 4 students per class, this is a hands-on class.
Learn with Heather, who's a dressmaker/tailoress and who also makes curtain and soft furnishings.
Please note it is up a flight of stairs, but we can help carry your machines up the stairs if needed. Drop off is available at the rear of the property. Please contact us for more details.
What is provided:
- Learn how to match the fabric to the pattern
-Learn how to understand cutting diagrams, fabric quantity requirements, how to cut out the fabric and pattern placement.
- Learn what the symbols mean and why you use them
- Recognising different fabrics and when they can be used
-Understanding how to cut/pin/sew with jersey
- Use of irons, scissors, threads, and fabrics to practise with.
- Help, advice and support throughout the workshop
- Step by step instructions and demonstrations
- Refreshments including tea or coffee and biscuits and cakes. Please bring a bite to eat for Lunch.
- A fun and friendly environment to meet like-minded people.
This 2 hour workshop is held upstairs in our shop in Northallerton High Street.
What you need to bring:
- Sewing machine (if you want to use one of ours, please email email@example.com in advance). Don't forget the power cable, foot pedal if you use one.
-Sewing pattern (optional)
- Optional Notebook and pen for notes
-Your glasses for sewing if needed.
- Sewing threads
-Fabric for your project or we have a range of fabrics available in store to purchase as needed.
- Basic sewing kit including pins, scissors,