Learn to sew, try something new!
Get that machine out of the box/cupboard and learn the basics of how to use your machine and get more out of it. Whether you want to learn dressmaking, soft furnishings, crafting or quilting, there's something for you all!
This 2 hour workshop will help with your latest project, or start a new one.
Learn with Heather, who's a dressmaker/tailoress and who also curtain and soft furnishings.
Please note it is up a flight of stairs, but we can help carry your machines up the stairs if needed. Drop off is available at the rear of the property. Please contact us for more details.
What is provided:
- Learn how to cut out the fabric and pattern placement.
- Use of irons, scissors, threads, and fabrics to practise with.
- Help, advice and support throughout the workshop
- Step by step instructions and demonstrations
- Refreshments including tea or coffee and biscuits and cakes.
- A fun and friendly environment to meet like-minded people.
This 2 hour workshop is held upstairs in our shop in Northallerton High Street. With a maximum of 4 students per class, this is a hands-on class.
What you need to bring:
- Sewing machine (if you want to use one of ours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance). Don't forget the power cable, foot pedal if you use one.
- Optional Notebook and pen for notes
-Your glasses for sewing if needed.
- Sewing threads
-Fabric for your project or we have a range of fabrics available in store to purchase as needed.
- Basic sewing kit including pins, scissors,