This new 2 hour workshop will help with you learn how to understand and recognise different fabric types, understand what you can use them for and matching fabric to patterns and what's behind the jargon.
We won't be making anything in this workshop but it will help you with all your future sewing projects . This is the second workshop for budding dressmakers!
With a maximum of 4 students per class, this is a hands-on class.
Learn with Heather, who's a dressmaker/tailoress and who also makes curtain and soft furnishings.
Please note it is up a flight of stairs.
What is provided:
- Learn how to match the fabric to the pattern
- Recognising different fabrics and when they can be used
-Understanding different fibre characteristics
-Fabric bible... Booklet with different fabrics and descriptions of the fabric and when to use them.
- Use of irons, scissors, threads, and fabrics to practise with.
- Help, advice and support throughout the workshop
- Step by step instructions and demonstrations
- Refreshments including tea or coffee and biscuits and cakes.
- A fun and friendly environment to meet like-minded people.
This 2 hour workshop is held upstairs in our shop in Northallerton High Street.
What you need to bring:
-Sewing pattern (optional)
- Optional Notebook and pen for notes
-Your glasses for sewing if needed.
- Sewing threads
-Fabric for your project or we have a range of fabrics available in store to purchase as needed.